We’ll troll or mooch for salmon depending on where they are and how concentrated they are!
Deep Sea Fishing Charters on the Monterey Bay
Book one of our charters and take to the Sea! Cruise along the stunning Santa Cruz coastline as you reel in local catches. Take a nearshore journey and try your luck at catching Lingcod, Halibut, Rockfish! Or, venture further off the coast in search for larger prey. Chartle Charters trips are customized to meet your personal needs and are limited to six anglers to ensure high-quality assistance and instruction. Our boat is also equipped with bait (live when available) and the finest tackle. Come explore the beautiful waters of Monterey Bay on our Santa Cruz deep sea fishing trips! Select your charter trip from the options below.
Gear We Provide
- Sage Fiberglass 8′6″ Salmon trolling rods
- Penn Squall reels filled with 20 lb. test Maxima Line
- Ultralight Diawa 5’6″ Spinning outfits 6-8lb Line
• Customized to meet your personal needs
• Provide you with the most enjoyable fishing experience possible
• Limited to six anglers within your group(no mixing parties)
• Ensure one-on-one assistance and instruction
• Furnished with all necessary bait and the finest tackle
• Live bait provided when available
What To Bring
In hopes of making your day with us the most comfortable, we recommend you bring the following:
- Lunch and your favorite beverage
- A hat
- Layered clothing
- Older shoes you won’t mind getting a little wet (not your favorite running shoes)
Weather on our bay can be fickle, so layering clothing is highly recommended. If you think there is a chance you’ll feel woozy or queasy on your trip we recommend taking a regular formula Dramamine the night before and a non-drowsy formula Dramamine the morning of your trip. We have found this particular “cocktail” to work perfectly. An ice chest should be brought and left in your vehicle for your catch to go home with you. You can purchase ice at the local tackle shop, Bayside Marine. Small ice chests are recommended for your lunch and drinks.
For salmon Trips
Sage 8’6″ composite Salmno trolling rods
squall levelwind reels with 20# maxima
Ultralight Nearshore Trips
- Diawa Ultralight 5’6″ spinning outfits with 6-8lb line
For live bait trips we provide:
- Tiger Stik 7′ saltwater rods
- Penn Squall reels filled with 20 lb. test Line
For albacore trolling gear we provide:
- Penn 7 ft. fiberglass Power Stix
- 4/0 Avet 2-speed Reels filled with 40 lb. test Line
Fishing licenses are necessary for all guests over the age of 16, should be acquired prior to the start of the trip and can be purchased here.
Equipment & Fish Preparation
Aboard the Taylor-Gene, you find all rods, reels, tackle, and bait are included in the price of your charter. Upon return to the dock, your fish is filleted, packaged, and made ready to be enhanced with your culinary expertise. Like many service industries, tipping is customary and should have a direct reflection on the quality of service you receive during your charter. You will not be discouraged from bringing along your “lucky” lure or favorite rod and reel. However, you will find the Taylor-Gene is fully-equipped with the latest fishing gear along with tackle to handle any fishery we may encounter.
Chartle Charters values your privacy as much as we value ours. Your information submitted here will never be sold, rented, or otherwise shared with anyone. Ever.
50% deposit required for all Charters. 7-day cancellation notice is required.
If cancellation is received less than 7 days before scheduled departure, the deposit will be kept as a cancellation charge. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in charge of full fare. Thank you for your understanding.